MAKE A DIFFERENCE ONE STEP AT A TIME
The Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is an annual fundraising walk that benefits local health and human service agencies.
The primary goal of the walk is to help participating organizations raise money for their individual missions. he primary goal of the walk is to help participating organizations raise money for their individual missions Since 2003, the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community events have raised over $17.6 million for 500+ nonprofits across the states. All funds raised through the walk events go directly back to the participating organizations to support their mission.
This year we will host walks in seven different locations: Pittsburgh, Laurel Highlands, Harrisburg, Lehigh Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem Area), Erie, Northeast Pennsylvania (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area) and Wilmington, Delaware.
Most locations feature a 5K Walk beginning at 9:00 am and a one-mile Walk. Events are held in May and June each year.
For any nonprofit looking to apply for consideration of participation in the 2023 Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community, please visit the Nonprofit Application.
Carousel content with 7 slides.
A carousel is a rotating set of images, rotation stops on keyboard focus on carousel tab controls or hovering the mouse pointer over images. Use the tabs or the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide.PREVIOUS NEXT
- Slide 1: Special guests cheered on our walkers in Pittsburgh.
- Slide 2: Walkers enjoy healthy refreshments in Lehigh Valley.
- Slide 3: Laurel Highlands walkers warm up before hitting the walk route.
- Slide 4: Silly the clown provides face painting for the kids at the Erie Walk.
- Slide 5: The Highmark Zumba ladies always get the crowd going in Harrisburg.
- Slide 6: Our youngest walkers couldn't wait to get started in Wilmington.
- Slide 7: Walkers set out on the course at the NEPA walk.