Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation
The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization based in Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is to serve as an information clearinghouse dedicated to raising awareness about sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and stimulating attitudinal and behavioral changes that will help save more lives. Specifically, our mission is "to raise awareness and support programs that give 'ordinary' people the power to save a life.".
About Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation
Our website, www.sca-aware.org, is the world's most robust site solely focused on sudden cardiac arrest. It attracts tens of thousands of unique users each month from more than 200 countries. Our SCA Network, the nation's first online community for survivors of sudden cardiac arrest and their loved ones and those who have lost loved ones to SCA, has thousands of members and continues to grow steadily. In addition, thanks to support from people like you, we have been able to:
- Create educational campaigns for secondary schools and colleges, including distribution of tens of thousands of educational booklets to school stakeholders and state legislatures
- Distribute AEDs to schools, youth sports teams, places of worship, and other organizations
- Conduct research on public awareness about sudden cardiac arrest
- Conduct research among survivors and their families about post-resuscitation quality of life
- Conduct outreach through traditional and social media
- Testify before the FDA and the Institute of Medicine on behalf of patients and families affected by sudden cardiac arrest
- Conduct awards programs that recognize individuals who save lives and recognize creative educational messaging through videos
- Conduct healing workshops for survivors of cardiac arrest and their families.
To learn more about our lifesaving mission, click here.
Please join our team and help support these lifesaving programs.
Mary Newman Phone: 724-934-0034 firstname.lastname@example.org