You can help YWCA Delaware care for homeless families, survivors of domestic violence, and people economically impacted by COVID -19 by participating in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community Virtual Fundraising Event!
YWCA Delaware is taking part in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community. Help us surpass our goal of $5,000 as we once again transition to a virtual event. Register today, get creative with friends and walk before July 15!
Here’s what you can do!
- Walk on a treadmill or through a virtual museum or national park online.
- Create an avatar and walk through your favorite online game.
- Walk in the park with friends (social distancing)
- Zoom or Facetime via cell phone with friends while walking and make it a competition.
- Walk as a team or do an online challenge and hand it off.
- Create a unique idea and promote it on social media.
- Make an individual donation in your name or a registered team or individual’s name.
T-shirts will be distributed directly to each organization's leader in late-July/early August. To qualify for a t-shirt you must meet these requirements:
- Register as a walker AND
- Have a minimum of $30 credited to your walker account by July 15.
- Raffle chances will be awarded to each registered walker who raised $50 or more. Walkers will receive one raffle chance for every $50 raised.
- Prize winners will be announced on the Highmark Walk Facebook Page the week of July 19. Prizes will be distributed by mail in late July to the respective winners.
For more information please contact (302) 655-0039 ext 223 or email email@example.com.