Since 1914, Bethesda Mission has been a missionary arm of the local church, reaching out to men, women, and children of all races, nationalities, and creeds, providing the poor and homeless with shelter, food, clothing, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, and discipling them in the Christian life.
About Bethesda Mission
Bethesda Mission fulfills its mission through our Network of Compassion:
- Men's Mission: provides emergency shelter, long-term recovery programs, and social services assistance for men.
- Women's Mission: separately houses and counsels 25 women and children in long-term recovery.
- Community Center: offers summer and after-school programs focused on mentoring for neighborhood children, teens, and families.
- Medical & Dental Clinics: provides free, quality health care for our homeless guests and others by referral.
- Mobile Mission: brings food, blankets, clothing, and encouragement directly to the streets.
- Outreach Ministries: distributes food and household supplies through partner agencies to the poor and hungry through the region.
This year, walkers may choose to support whichever area of ministry they feel most passionate about. If you don't have a preference, donations will be used wherever most needed. Thank you for supporting Bethesda Mission in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community!